LET543 – 80.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence at (800) 423-8433 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
Course Price: $250
Course is updated for compliance with the Cardiac Emergency Communication TCOLE addition. Proper use of technology and effectively communicating under stressful situations are vital skills telecommunication personnel should possess. This course is designed to prepare participants to perform successfully as a telecommunications call taker or dispatcher.
This online course consists of thirteen learning modules. Prior to accessing the course, the participant is provided with an opportunity to download a study guide in an effort to enhance the retention of important course information. After all modules have been completed, the participant will receive a comprehensive final exam. All examinations must be passed with a minimum score of 80%. Participants have three attempts to pass each module exam and one attempt to pass the final examination. Module quizzes and the final examination are timed events that can only be done in a single seating. Module quizzes and the final examination should not be started while on duty and/or if the participant may be called away from the computer for any reason. Participants will be eligible to sit for the TCOLE Telecommunicators Licensing Examination at a TCOLE approved testing site upon successful completion of the online course.
This course meets TCOLE requirements for Basic Telecommunicator Course #1080.
Note: Only those individuals eligible for and seeking a TCOLE Telecommunicator license can enroll in this course. No exceptions.
Participants enrolling in this course must have a current, nationally recognized Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certificate/card prior to enrollment and attendance.
Please send proof of the certificate/card via email to [email protected] along with the required forms for registration.
Participants will be contacted via email to confirm approval and admittance into course.
Course Completion Requirements
- This course must be completed within a 45 day time period. The completion period begins once course registration has taken place.
- To complete this course you are required to have a computer with internet access.
Online Course Technical Requirements
To successfully complete this online course, you should have access to a computer with the following system requirements:
- Computer tower or laptop
- Note: The use of a tablet is not recommended and may result in connectivity issues.
- Broadband or high-speed internet connection
- Recommended: Wired connection with at least 2.0 Mbps bandwidth (bi-directional, i.e. sending and receiving)
- Alternative: Wireless (WiFi) connection
- Note: The use of a MiFi or mobile hotspot is not recommended and may result in connectivity issues.
- Current version of web browser
- Recommended: Mozilla Firefox 52 or higher, Google Chrome 80 or higher
- Alternatives: Internet Explorer 11, Safari 11 or higher
- Note: Microsoft Edge is not currently a supported browser.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
Required Forms for Applicants seeking a TCOLE Telecommunicator License
- TCOLE Declaration of Licensing Course Enrollment Eligibility (DOLCEE) Form
- TCOLE Law Enforcement Agency Audit Checklist
- TEEX Registration Form
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and or end of course exam.
- Roles and responsibilities in public safety
- Communication resources and confidentiality
- Emergency communications technology
- Call processing techniques
- Basic radio communications
- Liability and legal issues
- Stress, health, and personal awareness
- Cultural diversity
- Callers in mental or emotional crisis
- Calls from assault incidents
- Calls from violent or traumatic crime victims
- Other emergency calls and roles
- Law enforcement dispatcher and telecommunications personnel
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
Note: Live Online Instructor-Led (webinar) courses are not eligible for TCOLE credit.
- 80.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- After registering online for this course, you will receive an email with instructions for getting started. If you do not receive a confirmation within one hour, please contact us at (979) 845-6677 or [email protected]
- Note: Only those individuals eligible for and seeking a TCOLE Telecommunicator license can enroll in this course. No exceptions.
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433
Email: [email protected]
- Purchase Order or Credit Card – Complete the TEEX Registration Form, TCOLE DOLCEE Form, and TCOLE Audit Checklist and send to [email protected] or fax to (877) 289-9715
- Check – Complete the TEEX Registration Form, TCOLE DOLCEE Form, and TCOLE Audit Checklist to: TEEX – ILEPSE, P.O. Box 40006, College Station, TX 77842