ARE010 – 16.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Emergency Services Training Institute at (866) 878-8900 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
The West of the Pecos Fire/Rescue School is held each April at Fort Stockton, Texas and is sponsored by the Fort Stockton Volunteer Fire Department. Various firefighting, rescue topics, and apparatus operations are offered and vary from year to year.
Typically there are no prerequisites although some specific course(s) may have requirements. Consult the appropriate flyer at teex.org/extension
Course Completion Requirements
Participant Must Provide
- a photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
This course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirements.
- Past topics have included but not limited to:
- Fire & Life Safety
- Fire Department Communications
- Ground Cover
- Rescue Operations
- SFFMA Certification Workshop
All emergency and crisis response personnel.
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- State Firefighters’ and Fire Marshals’ Association of Texas (SFFMA)
- Texas Commission on Fire Protection (TCFP)
The area school class offerings differ from year to year. Please refer to the flyer posted on teex.org/extension for scheduled dates and class offerings. Note: This area school may yet to be scheduled therefore a flyer may not yet be posted.