ARE120 – 24.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Emergency Services Training Institute at (866) 878-8900 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
This Area School will consist of classroom activities, lecture, and hands-on field exercises on using hydraulic tools, hand tools, power tools, stabilizing jacks, lifting bags, cribbing, and extrication techniques for passenger vehicles, trucks, and school buses.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
Level 4 proper rescue gear or equivalent is required for practical application. This includes, eye protection, helmet, gloves, and boots.
Participant Must Provide
- a photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
This course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirements.
Upon successful completion, you will be able to:
- Course topics change for every event but will be rescue related such as vehicle extrication, vehicle rescue technician 1 and 2 related.
All emergency and crisis response personnel.
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
Note: Live Online Instructor-Led (webinar) courses are not eligible for TCOLE credit.
- State Firefighters’ and Fire Marshals’ Association of Texas (SFFMA)
- Texas Commission on Fire Protection (TCFP)
- Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
This area school class offerings differ from year to year. Please refer to the flyer posted on teex.org/extension for scheduled dates and class offerings. (Note: This area school may yet to be scheduled therefore a flyer may not yet be posted).