ASP112 – 36.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Emergency Services Training Institute at (866) 878-8900 or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
This phase provides an introduction to the knowledge and skills to be trained to the level of National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1001, Standard for Fire Fighter Professional Qualifications. This is the second of five phases necessary to obtain your Firefighting 1 and Firefighting 2 through the State Firefighters’ and Fire Marshals’ Association (SFFMA).
This course provides advanced firefighting techniques. Students rotate among the classroom sessions and field operation exercises according to the section to which they are assigned.
- Firefighting Phase 1 or previous training in all of the subject areas contained within Firefighting Phase 1.
- Verification for NFPA 1403 compliance.
Course Completion Requirements
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Level 4 as described in the TEEX Student Safety Manual
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
- Building Construction (Read – Chapter 4, pages 130-190)
- Search and Rescue (Read – Chapter 9, pages 418-477)
- Forcible Entry (Read – Chapter 11, pages 570-649)
- Ground Ladders (read – Chapter 12, pages 650-727)
- Tactical Ventilation (Read – Chapter 13, pages 728-779)
- Fire Control: Classroom (Read – Chapter 17, pages 1000-1038, 1046-1057, 1077-1091, 1094-1097)
- Fire Control: Live Burns (Read – Chapter 17, Skills)
All Emergency response personnel, including fire prevention, suppression, control and safety personnel.
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
Note: Live Online Instructor-Led (webinar) courses are not eligible for TCOLE credit.
- Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- Texas Commission on Fire Protection (TCFP)
- State Firefighters’ and Fire Marshals’ Association of Texas (SFFMA)
Annual Schools require that you use the online registration system. If you are using a Purchase Order (including H.B. 2604 voucher) please place the number in the PO field for payment. Please know we must have a copy of the PO or voucher within 48 hours of your registration or you will be canceled out of the class.
The full rate will be applied after the early-bird registration deadline.
Phone: (866) 878-8900
All students must follow the TEEX Student Safety Manual at all times.