AWR395 – 2.00 Hours
|EC AWR395 10||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
The use of computers and networked systems in the workplace has opened businesses and organizations to a variety of risks. Every employee using a computer connected to the organization’s network is a potential point of entry for a cyber attack. For this reason, cybersecurity and protecting the organization’s data/information is every employee’s responsibility. This course will help students understand the different types of cyber attacks their company may face, the type of information that is at risk, how to recognize cyber attacks, and why it is important for everyone in the organization to participate in cybersecurity.
This course is certified by Texas Department of Information Resources to meet the requirements of HB1118.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident or receive approval from TEEX/DHS-FEMA prior to the start of the class. Please contact us for more information on the approval process.
Course Completion Requirements
Students must earn a minimum score of 70% on all module post-tests to receive their certificate.
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
- Information security
- Confidentiality, integrity, and availability (CIA) of information assets
- Information at risk
- Why organizations implement cybersecurity measures
- Cyber attacks
- Insider threats
- Social engineering
- Risks associated with mobile devices
- Organizational cybersecurity policies
- Reporting suspicious emails/websites/people to IT staff
- Cybersecurity best practices
This course is intended for any employee that uses a computer or networked device in the workplace.
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- .2 IACET CEUs
- For DHS/FEMA Funded Courses, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800) 541-7149