ENV190 – 40.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Infrastructure Training & Safety Institute
OSHA Training Institute Education Center at (800) 723-3811 or (800) SAFE-811 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
The HAZWOPER for Cleanup Operations course is designed for personnel engaged in hazardous substance investigation, cleanup, remediation, or other non-emergency response activities surrounding exposure or the potential for exposure of workers to contamination and work site health hazards. At the conclusion of the course, participants will have met all requirements specific to OSHA CFR 1910.120 (e) for employees responsible for hazardous waste cleanup operations.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
It is recommended, but not required, participants complete an OSHA physical examination in accordance with 29 CFR 1910.120 and 29 CFR 1910.134 and be in proper physical condition to conduct field exercises utilizing various PPE.
- Introduction to 29 CFR 1910.120
- Health and Safety Overview
- Hazard Recognition
- Reference Materials and Resources
- Toxicology and Exposure Guidelines
- Air Monitoring
- Respiratory Protection Programs
- Respirator Selections and Use
- Personal Protective Clothing
- Site Entry and Reconnaissance
- Incident Command Overview
- Biological Hazards
- Radiation Exposure Hazards and Monitoring
- Demonstration: Donning and Doffing PPE