EPP235 – 24.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Infrastructure Training & Safety Institute
OSHA Training Institute Education Center at (800) 723-3811 or (800) SAFE-811 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
The Three–Phase Transformer course provides participants advanced training covering the application, operation, and connections of substation power transformers, single and three-phase overhead, and underground transformers needed to supply power to customers at various voltage ranges. During training, students receive information specific to the proper operation, capabilities, and requirements down time.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
In order to fully participate in all field work exercises, students will need the following equipment hard hat, rubber gloves (Class 0), and safety glasses.
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
- Operational knowledge of Electric Power Principles and Single-Phase Transformers.
- A practical knowledge and understanding of electrical power utility systems and related concepts.
- Industry professionals responsible for installation, connection, and troubleshooting of overhead and underground three-phase transformer installations
- Cable professionals
- Telecommunications professionals
- Construction professionals