FOP010 – 24.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Emergency Services Training Institute at (866) 878-8900 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
This course discusses the latest techniques and information in determining origin and cause of various types of fire for all levels of fire suppression personnel. Fire suppression personnel are the primary witness to the behavior of a fire during suppression operations. This provides suppression personnel the ability to identify and preserve items that can lead to an accurate origin and cause determination. The fire officers and suppression personnel can provide valuable information to fire and arson investigators and/or law enforcement personnel by gathering information and protecting potential evidence early on during the incident.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
For classroom activities, participants must wear full length pants, closed-toe shoes, and short sleeve/ long sleeve shirts (no sleeveless shirts). It is preferred that participants wear duty uniform or business casual dress.
Participant Must Provide
- Textbook: IFSTA Introduction to Fire Origin and Cause (4th ed)
- a photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. This course requires participants to attend 100% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion.
- Roles & Responsibilities
- Fire Dynamics
- Scene Security
- Identifying & Preserving Evidence
- Origin Determination
- Cause Determination
- Municipal Firefighters
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- State Firefighters’ and Fire Marshals’ Association of Texas (SFFMA)
Emergency Services Training Institute
Phone: (979) 845-7641 | Toll-Free: (866) 878-8900
Email: [email protected]
- Credit Card – Complete online registration or call (979) 845-2130
- Purchase Order – Complete online registration and send a copy of PO documentation within 48 hours to [email protected]
- For out-of-state tuition rates, contact the Fire Officer Program office at [email protected]
TEEX Participant Handbook
Conduct During Live Online Instructor-Led Courses
Participants are required to follow the guidelines in the ESTI Student Safety Manual.