IMS313 – 20.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Emergency Services Training Institute at (866) 878-8900 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
This course provides specific emphasis on Incident Action Plan (IAP) preparation and resource management processes when responding to an expanding incident.
The course includes facilitated discussions with subject-matter experts in which each of the fundamental ICS planning and resource management concepts are examined. You will immediately apply newly-gained knowledge and concepts through scenario-based activities customized to your community.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
Participants Must Provide
- a photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
- Internet Access
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. This course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirements, for example a field exercise that cannot be missed
- IS-100.b, Introduction to the Incident Command System (ICS), ICS-100
- IS-200.b, FEMA Incident Command System (ICS) for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents, ICS-200 training
- IS-700.a, Introduction to the National Incident Management System (NIMS)
- IS-800.b, National Response Framework (NRF), An Introduction
- Basic Incident Command System (ICS) Review
- Vulnerability Assessment
- Community Crisis Preparedness
- Critical Incidents and the Incident Command System (ICS)
- Incident Assessment and Establishing Objectives
- Unified Command and Integrating External Resources
- Resource Management
- The Planning Meeting and Operations Briefing
- Incident Close Out
- Post-Test and Final Table-Top Exercise
Personnel who are expected to perform in a management capacity in an expanding incident that may require a higher level of NIMS/ICS training from the following disciplines/services:
- Fire Service
- Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
- Hazardous Materials (HazMat)
- Public Health (PH)
- Public Works (PW)
- Emergency Management (EM)
- Government administrative
- Private Sector and military (if invited by the host jurisdiction)
- County, state, and federal agency personnel who may assume a supervisory role in expanding incidents or Type 3 incidents.
Registration for the face-to-face component occurs concurrently with the registration for the online course component. Enrollment for the face-to-face component of this course is contingent on your successful completion of the online portion of the course. No substitutions for this requirement will be accepted.
Course size limit
- Maximum number of participants: 30
- Minimum number of participants: 26
Phone: (979) 458-5645
Email: [email protected]