IMS700 – 8.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Emergency Services Training Institute at (866) 878-8900 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
This course introduces the National Incident Management System (NIMS). NIMS provides a consistent nationwide template to enable all government, private-sector, and non-governmental organizations to work together during domestic incidents.
You will learn about the development of NIMS and the importance of a nationwide approach for responding to all-hazard incidents.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
Attendance at all course sessions and activities.
Participants Must Provide
- a photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. This course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirements, for example a field exercise that cannot be missed
- Key concepts and principles underlying NIMS
- NIMS Components: Preparedness, Communications and Information Management, Resource Management, and Command and Management
- National Integration Center
The target audience should include entry level personnel from local agencies, including representatives from:
- Fire Service
- Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
- Law Enforcement (LE)
- Public Health (PH)
- Public Works (PW)
- Emergency Management (EM)
Additionally, jurisdictions are strongly encouraged to invite representatives from:
- Local Hazardous Materials (HazMat)
- Emergency communications organizations
- Other governmental and quasi-governmental agencies
- Organizations such as school systems and the National Guard
- Other non-governmental, private industry, and federal emergency response agencies
- Representatives from higher education institutions that are located within or support the jurisdiction
- Maximum number of participants: 30
- Minimum number of participants: 26
All TEEX NIMS/ICS instructors are certified Department of Homeland Security NIMS/ICS instructors and meet/exceed all requirements needed to teach the IS-700 course and proctor the IS-700 examination.