IMS820 – 16.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Emergency Services Training Institute at (866) 878-8900 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
This course introduces you to the concepts and principles of the National Response Framework (NRF) and the Incident Command System (ICS).
The course is designed to increase and enhance your knowledge of the National Response Framework and provide you with the skill to work at the basic level within the ICS.
You will be introduced to new concepts for managing all hazards emergencies or planned events. IMS820 provides training and resources for personnel who are likely to assume a supervisory position within the ICS.
Course Completion Requirements
Attendance to all course sessions and activities.
Participants Must Provide
- a photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. This course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirements, for example a field exercise that cannot be missed
Completion of IS 700.A, National Incident Management System (NIMS), An Introduction is recommended.
- National Response Framework Overview (and correlation to NIMS)
- Leadership and Management
- Delegation of Authority and Management by Objective
- Functional Areas and Positions
- Organizational Flexibility
- Transfer of Command
- Multi-Agency Coordination (MAC)
Includes entry level personnel from local agencies, including representatives from:
- Fire Service
- Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
- Law Enforcement (LE)
- Public Health (PH)
- Public Works (PW)
- Emergency Management (EM)
Additionally, jurisdictions are strongly encouraged to invite representatives from:
- Local Hazardous Materials (HazMat)
- Emergency communications organizations
- Other governmental and quasi-governmental agencies
- Organizations such as school systems and the National Guard
- Other non-governmental, private industry, and federal emergency response agencies
Course size limit
- Maximum number of participants: 40
- Minimum number of participants: 26
All TEEX NIMS/ICS instructors are certified Department of Homeland Security instructors and meet/exceed all requirements needed to teach the ICS-300 course and proctor the ICS-300 examination.
Phone: (979) 458-5645
Email: [email protected]