LET105 – 4.00 Hours
|LS LET105 26||$25.00||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 423-8433 or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
This State-Mandated course, per Legislative Mandate 77R-SB1074, provides officers with the knowledge to detect and prevent racially-motivated actions during traffic stops, searches, and arrests. Officers should be able to use the knowledge gained in this course to serve the community in a responsible and professional manner, without regard to race, ethnicity, or national origin.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements Racial Profiling Course #3256.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
- The mandatory completion/duration period for this eCourse is 45 days from the registration date.
- To complete this course, you are required to have a computer with internet access.
Online Course Technical Requirements
To successfully complete this online course, you should have access to a computer with the following system requirements:
- Computer tower or laptop
- Note: The use of a tablet is not recommended and may result in connectivity issues.
- Broadband or high-speed internet connection
- Recommended: Wired connection with at least 2.0 Mbps bandwidth (bi-directional, i.e. sending and receiving)
- Alternative: Wireless (WiFi) connection
- Note: The use of a MiFi or mobile hotspot is not recommended and may result in connectivity issues.
- Current version of web browser
- Recommended: Mozilla Firefox 52 or higher, Google Chrome 80 or higher
- Alternatives: Internet Explorer 11, Safari 11 or higher
- Note: Microsoft Edge is not currently a supported browser.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
- Legislative requirements regarding racial profiling
- Court decisions regarding traffic stops and appropriate/proactive field stops
- Logical and social arguments against racial profiling
- Difference between profiling and reasonable suspicion; conducting appropriate stops, searches, and arrests
- Law enforcement and non-commissioned personnel
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
Note: Live Online Instructor-Led (webinar) courses are not eligible for TCOLE credit.
- .2 IACET CEUs
- 4.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433