NFA099 – 15.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Emergency Services Training Institute at (866) 878-8900 or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
This two-day course is aimed at providing the chief officers in both fire service and EMS agencies with a overview of the ways to succeed and work within the local, county, and state level political system to achieve positive results for their department. It will give the officer an improved insight into better ways to relate and speak to citizens and others to gain support and understanding of their needs for bond issues, tax votes, and general elections. Participants learn about successful approaches appropriate for government employees and volunteers. The course identifies successful tools needed to address the challenge necessary to bring about change, and how a department’s culture of power, influence, negotiation, and coalition building is important to success.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
To meet NFA attendance requirements, participants must complete each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam. Exceptions may be discussed with lead instructor.
- Politics 101
- Leadership Essentials
- Creating the Future
The course is directed at persons who hold officer or leadership position in both fire and EMS agencies.
- key fire service personnel in positions of leadership and Company Officers or other ranks above Company Officer
- those who seek to learn new approaches to better deal with their community’s fire and EMS challenges including
- departmental l officers and leaders in the Nation’s departments
- operational and administrative in the Nation’s departments
- Emergency services officers, including volunteer, career, and allied professions
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- Texas Commission on Fire Protection (TCFP)
- State Firefighters’ and Fire Marshals’ Association of Texas (SFFMA)
To request this class in your jurisdiction or department, please use the Emergency Services Training Institute (ESTI) Extension Course Request Form.
To request admission to an already-scheduled course, call the contact person listed in this course schedule. This will allow the course host to provide appropriate numbers of student manuals.