RES020 – 40.00 Hours
|Details||08/09/21 – 08/13/21||College Station, TX||FP RES020 133||$1200.00||Register|
|Details||10/18/21 – 10/22/21||College Station, TX||FP RES020 134||$1200.00||Register|
|Details||03/21/22 – 03/25/22||College Station, TX||FP RES020 148||$1200.00||Register|
|Details||05/16/22 – 05/20/22||College Station, TX||FP RES020 149||$1200.00||Register|
|Details||08/22/22 – 08/26/22||College Station, TX||FP RES020 150||$1200.00||Register|
|Details||10/17/22 – 10/21/22||College Station, TX||FP RES020 151||$1200.00||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (866) 878-8900 or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
This course is designed to provide you with the skills and knowledge required for certification to Chapter 8, “Trench Rescue,” as described in National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1006, Standard for Technical Rescuer Professional Qualifications (2013 edition).
The course covers confined space rescue operations, utilizing appropriate equipment, methodologies, protocols, and patient and resource management techniques.
Upon completion of this course you are eligible to take the National Board on Fire Service Professional Qualifications (Pro Board) written exam and skills testing.
Any student can register and once completing the course and skills successfully will receive a TEEX completion certificate. If the student requires Pro Board certification please find the requirements with prerequisites below;
Participants must pass Trench Rescue Level I to receive certifications For Trench Rescue Level II.
Pro Board Certification requirements
Participants pursuing Pro Board Certification must provide proof of;
- Rope Rescue Level I certification , NFPA 1006, Standard For Technical Rescuer Professional Qualifications, Chapter 6
- Confined Space Rescue Level I certification, NFPA 1006 Standard For Technical Rescuer Professional Qualifications, Chapter 7
dated prior to the last day of class. the document must meet the certification office requirements.
Course Completion Requirements
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Bring your own PPE Level 2 compliant with the TEEX Student Safety Manual.
- All students are required to follow the TEEX Student Safety Manual at all times.
PPE Level 2 includes:
- Rescue helmet with a chin strap with 3-point attachment
- Rope rescue gloves, all-leather work gloves
- Eye protection
- Approved safety-toe boots
Pro Board Certification Testing
Participants are required to provide a photo ID at the time of Pro Board testing.
Class attendance is an essential part of the educational process and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exersizes. This course requires participants to attend 100% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion and to siot for the Pro Board certification exam.
- Trench Rescue Decision Making
- Introduction To Trench Rescue
- Trench Incident Management And Support Operations
- Soil Physics
- Causes And Types Of Trench Collapses
- Soil Classifications And Testing
- Equipment And Tools For Trench Rescue Operations
- Hazard Control
- Atmospheric Monitoring
- Gaining Access
- Protective Systems In Trench Operation
- Termination Procedures
- Techniques For Trench Protection
For all municipal and industrial firefighters, as well as any other personnel involved with technical rescue incident response and is designed to meet the training requirements of NFPA 1006 Chapter 8, “Job Performance Requirements (JPR)”.
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 40.00 hours – Pro Board
- Includes all course materials.
- Does not include lodging and meals.
Annual Fire Training School Information
If you are attending this course as part of TEEX’s Texas Annual Fire Training School, you need to be aware of the following additional information:
Annual Fire Training School Registration Requirements
Annual Schools require that you use the online registration system. If you are using a Purchase Order (including H.B. 2604 voucher) please place the number in the PO field for payment. Please know we must have a copy of the PO or voucher within 48 hours of your registration or you will be canceled out of the class.
Annual Fire Training School Late Registration
The full rate will be applied after the early-bird registration deadline.
- GSA contract number: GS-07F-0357V. GSA customers, to register please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (866) 878-8900.