XTN053 – 4.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, this course can be scheduled to meet your specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Emergency Services Training Institute at (866) 878-8900 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
This course is designed to bring everyone who might respond to a roadway incident together to promote best practices while working traffic incidents using guidance from the Texas Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD), Texas State Motor Vehicle Code, and the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) guidelines. This course can be modified for rural or urban roadway delivery to best suit the needs of all areas within Texas.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
This course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirements.
- Legal Guidelines and Considerations
- Resources Best Practices and Real World Scenarios
- Tabletop Activity
- Situational Awareness Activity
- Course Logistics and Orgination
- Law enforcement
- Fire and rescue
- Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
- Traffic control personnel
- Tow truck operators
- Road maintenance organizations
- Communications personnel
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- Texas Commission of Fire Protection (TCFP)
- State Firefighters’ and Fire Marshals’ Association of Texas (SFFMA)
To request this class in your jurisdiction or department, please use the Emergency Services Training Institute (ESTI) Extension Course Request Form.
To request admission to an already-scheduled course, call the contact person listed in this course schedule. This will allow the course host to provide appropriate numbers of student manuals.
All extension courses are classroom only.