9G6100 – 2.00 Hours
|FP 9G6100 58||$10.00||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (866) 878-8900 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
This two-hour online course is intended to provide a general overview of FEMA processes and practices for entry-level National Urban Search and Rescue (US&R) Response System members. Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to successfully describe the basic functions of a US&R Task Force, the general requirements to be on
a US&R Task Force, as well as safety and post-deployment considerations.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
In order to complete this course, you must have:
- Internet connection (broadband connection recommended)
- A current web browser (i.e., Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Apple Safari.)To prevent issues during your online class, be sure that your web
browser is updated to the latest version available
- Current versions of Adobe Acrobat Reader and Adobe Flash loaded on your computer.
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
- Module 1 Program Overview
- Module 2 National US&R Response System
- Module 3 Task Force (TF) Operations
- Module 4 Task Force (TF) Requirements
- Module 5 Task Force (TF) Safety Awareness
- Module 6 System Member Preparedness
- Module 7 Post-Deployment Considerations
- Final Exam
- Search and Rescue Personnel
- State US&R Personnel
- Structural Collapse Response Personnel
- Fire Department Responders
- Law Enforcement Personnel
- Emergency Medical Services Personnel
- County/State/Federal Responders
- National Guard and DOD Personnel
- Public Health and Health Care Workers