9P1230 – 16.00 Hours
|FP 9P1230 63||$10.00||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (866) 878-8900 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
This 16-hour online component is intended to provide Urban Search and Rescue (US&R) Task Force personnel with the knowledge and skills necessary to perform technical search functions for a US&R team during a disaster or a planned event. You will learn the essential requirements necessary to perform all physical, visual, and technical search functions. Upon completion of the computer based training (CBT) component, you will be able to take part in the Instructor-Led Training (ILT) component of the Technical Search Specialist course.
This course is the prerequisite course that must be completed before students can attend the Technical Search Specialist – (ILT) course, which is 24 hours of face-to-face course taught over three days.
The Technical Search Specialist – (ILT) course code is 9P1231. Register now for the Technical Search Specialist – Instructor-Led Training.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
Online Course Technical Requirements
In order to complete this course, you must have:
- Internet connection (broadband connection recommended)
- A current web browser (i.e., Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Apple Safari, etc.) To prevent issues during your online class, be sure that your web browser is updated to the latest version available.
- Current versions of Adobe Acrobat Reader and Adobe Flash loaded on your computer.
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
- Module 1 – Technical Search Specialist (TSS) Duties and Responsibilities
- Module 2 – US&R Considerations
- Module 3 – Search, Structure, and Hazardous Materials (Hazmat) Marking Standard
- Module 4 – Risk Analysis
- Module 5 – Canine Search
- Module 6 – Visual Devices Search Equipment
- Module 7 – Listening Search Equipment
- Module 8 – Navigating Using Compasses
- Module 9 – Navigating Using Maps
- Module 10 – Navigating Using a Global Positioning System (GPS)
- Search and Rescue Personnel
- State Urban Search and Rescue Personnel
- Structural Collapse Response Personnel
- Fire Department Responders
- Law Enforcement Personnel
- Emergency Medical Services Personnel
- County/State/Federal Responders
- National Guard and DOD Personnel
- Public Health and Health Care Workers
TEEX is the National Contract Training Provider for the FEMA National Urban Search and Rescue System and this course was developed under contract for US&R personnel.