AIR540 – 40.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence at (800) 423-8433 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
Properly documenting and evaluating an accident scene is important to effectively investigating and analyzing the cause. This course introduces the student to basic drawing skills needed for preparing scale diagrams of the scene of a vehicle crash. Participants will learn five basic formulas that are used to determine the minimum speed or combined speed of a vehicle based on skid and/or yaw marks.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements Course #78015.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
- Scientific calculator
- 100 ft. tape measure
- Mechanical or wood pencil(s) with a lead measurement of .5mm
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process, and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. The course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirement, for example, a field exercise that cannot be missed.
Participants in a TCOLE credit course must complete the class in its entirety to receive TCOLE credit.
- Successful completion of a high school algebra course
- Appropriate clothing that will allow participants to continue operations during inclement weather conditions for outdoor activities
- Basic minimum speed calculations
- Conducting skid tests
- Evidence identification and collection
- Scale drawing techniques
- Why Peace Officers investigate collisions
- Investigators who routinely investigate minor injury and fatality motor vehicle collisions
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 4.00 CEUs
- 40.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433