CEF018 – 4.00 Hours
|FP CEF018 31||$5.00||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (866) 878-8900 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
Water is the primary extinguishing agent for Class A fires and, in some cases, is the best option for flammable gas fires. However, for Class B fires involving flammable and combustible liquids and gases, fire fighting foams are most effective. Proper foam and water application are crucial for extinguishment. This course offers 4 CE hours covering water properties, stream, patterns, nozzles, and control valves. As well as foam properties, delivery systems and application techniques. This course offers an interactive practice session and a module quiz based off IFSTA Essentials of Firefighting 7th edition. This course satisfies: NFPA 1001 5.3.8, 5.3.13, 5.3.14, 6.3.4
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
In order to successfully complete this course, you should have access to computer equipment meeting the following system requirements:
- Recommended screen resolution: 1280 x 1024
- Minimum screen resolution: 1024 x 768
- Broadband or high speed internet
- Latest version of Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Safari web browsers
- Latest version of Flash
- Latest version of Adobe Reader
Students are expected to use the Essentials of Firefighting, 7th Edition Manual
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
- Foam Properties, Delivery Systems and Application Techniques
Individuals seeking continuing education in the fire service.
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 4.00 hours – Texas Commission on Fire Protection (TCFP)
- State Firefighters’ and Fire Marshals’ Association of Texas (SFFMA)