ENV450 – 15.00 Hours
DetailsEnv.l Monitoring & Instrmentat
|07/11/24 – 07/12/24
|San Antonio, TX
|IS ENV450 4
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 723-3811 or (800) SAFE-811 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
Environmental Monitoring and Instrumentation is designed to provide a comprehensive overview of environmental monitoring methods and instrumentation. Topics will cover equipment selection, use, data collection, and analysis. Hands-on use of monitoring equipment will also be provided.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to collect environmental sample using a variety of monitoring methods and instrumentation.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
In order to receive a Certificate of Completion, the participant must:
- Attend 100% of the course
- Sign attendance roster each day of class
- Complete and pass the final field activities
- Complete the end-of-course evaluation
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process, and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. The course requires participants to attend a minimum of 100% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirement, for example a field exercise that cannot be missed.
The following additional courses are offered within this environmental safety series. While we highly suggest enrolling in Introduction to Environmental Compliance (ENV410) before attending the other courses, the ENV410 is not a prerequisite:
- Introduction to Environmental Compliance (ENV410)
- Hazardous Waste Management and Compliance (ENV420)
- Managing Environmental Release Events (ENV430)
- Environmental Management of Water (ENV440)
Note: To be eligible to be awarded the designation of CESHO Certified Environmental Safety and Health Official, participants must meet the following requirements:
- Successful completion of General Industry or Construction CSHO
- Successful completion of this course (ENV450) as well as the four additional courses listed above
- CESHO application submission two weeks prior to participating in the last of the courses needed to complete the environmental safety series
Upon successful completion, you will be able to:
- explain basic concepts of sampling plan development and strategy.
- demonstrate basic methods of field screening.
- identify the different types of documentation required for field sampling.
- describe decontamination procedures.
- identify the different types of waste sampling methods.
- recognize sampling methods for various types of water, wastewater, and sediment.
- discuss best practices for soil sampling.
- describe groundwater sample collection.
- perform the collection, documentation, and packaging of environmental samples.
This course is designed for environmental safety personnel.