EOT225 – 32.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence at (800) 423-8433 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
Working with hazardous materials in a safe and responsible manner ensures the health of workers and mitigates danger. This blended-learning course educates UXO Technicians and provides awareness of potential hazards encountered at hazardous waste cleanup operation sites. Upon completing this course, participants will be aware of the purpose and limitations of safety equipment and ensure workers safely avoid or escape dangerous situations.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements Hazardous Materials Course #3806.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
- Must be enrolled in the UXO Technician Level I course
Course Completion Requirements
- The mandatory completion/duration period for this eCourse is 50 days from the registration date.
- Participants will have three attempts to pass the final examination.
- To complete this course, you are required to have a computer with internet access.
Online Course Technical Requirements
To successfully complete this online course, you should have access to a computer with the following system requirements:
- Computer tower or laptop
- Note: The use of a tablet is not recommended and may result in connectivity issues.
- Broadband or high-speed internet connection
- Recommended: Wired connection with at least 2.0 Mbps bandwidth (bi-directional, i.e. sending and receiving)
- Alternative: Wireless (WiFi) connection
- Note: The use of a MiFi or mobile hotspot is not recommended and may result in connectivity issues.
- Current version of web browser
- Recommended: Mozilla Firefox 96 or higher, Google Chrome 97 or higher
- Alternative: Safari 15 or higher
- Note: Microsoft Edge is not currently a supported browser.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 17 or higher
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
- OSHA physical examination in accordance with 29 CFR §1910.120 and 29 CFR §1910.134
Upon successful completion, you will be able to:
- Hazardous substances
- Information Resources
- Personal Protective Clothing (PPE)
- Regulatory overview
- Participants scheduled to attend the UXO Technician Level I course
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
Note: Live Online Instructor-Led (webinar) courses are not eligible for TCOLE credit.
- 40.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
This course is a blended-learning course requiring the participant to complete not only the online portion of training but a short classroom module as well. Once the participant has completed the online portion of training, they will be given directions for completion of the remaining classroom exercise. Once all classroom exercises have been successfully completed, the participant will submit the signed completer form to TEEX. Following submission of the form, the participant will then be awarded a printed certificate of completion.
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433
Email: [email protected]