EOT228 – 50.00 Hours
|Details Buttons||Dates||Location||Class||Price||Register Buttons|
|Details||02/26/24 – 03/01/24||Bryan, TX||LS EOT228 46||$1525.00||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 423-8433 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
This is an advanced course for graduates of the UXO Technician Level 1 Course designed to provide participants with the knowledge required to carry out demining procedures and clearance operations in accordance with International Mine Action Standards. Participants will have an introduction to dangerous area marking, detectors, and locator equipment. Mine action search tools, procedures, and clearance techniques are included in this training.
- “The ‘get in the driver’s seat’ style of instruction works well in this course.“
- “I am walking away from the course humbled with lots of new information and significantly broadened perspective. It is hard to ask for more than that.“
Participants enrolling in this course must complete the following course prior to attendance:
Please send proof of course completion via email to [email protected] at least two weeks prior to class start date.
Participants will be contacted via email to confirm approval and admittance into course.
Course Completion Requirements
Participant Must Provide
- A photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. The course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirements, for example, a field exercise that cannot be missed.
Participants in a TCOLE credit course must complete the class in its entirety to receive TCOLE credit.
- Should be in good physical condition
- Should be capable of safely operating under stressful conditions and extreme environmental conditions (heat, cold, rain, etc.)
Upon successful completion, you will be able to:
- Basic demining procedures
- Clearance operations
- Clearance techniques
- Dangerous area markings
- Proper mine action procedures
- Use of mine action search tools
- Use of UXO and mine detection equipment
- Individuals wanting to start a career in humanitarian demining or to work in the international land remediation market
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
Note: Live Online Instructor-Led (webinar) courses are not eligible for TCOLE credit.
- 50.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- Course delivery will be held at the TEEX Unexploded Ordnance Range and Search Grids
- GSA contract number: GS-07F-0357V. GSA customers, to register please contact [email protected] or call (800) 423-8433.
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433
Email: [email protected]