EPP211 – 96.00 Hours
|Details||01/30/23 – 04/07/23||Bryan, TX||IS EPP211 9||$3200.00||Register|
|Details||09/11/23 – 11/10/23||Bryan, TX||IS EPP211 10||$3200.00||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 723-3811 or (800) SAFE-811 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
The Level 2 Electric Power Lineworker Apprenticeship Program course is designed to provide participants with the general knowledge and skills of electrical utility work. Topics covered will include constructing overhead utility lines, single-phase transformer connections and installation, single phase meters and installation, as well as rubber gloving on single-phase systems. Underground electrical systems will also be covered.
TEEX Certification/Licensing Requirement
Participants must provide evidence of the completion of the TEEX Level 1 Electric Power Lineworker Apprenticeship Program (EPP111) course or equivalent training listed below. This prerequisite may be accomplished by uploading a copy of the documents during registration using the TEEX Student Portal. Once received and approved, the participant will be notified by email they have met all prerequisites and have been added to the class roster. All documentation is due at least 14 business days prior to the start of class.
Approved equivalent training:
- Wood Pool Climbing Techniques (EPP001)
- Bucket and Digger Truck Operations (EPP025)
- Electric Power Principles (EPP009)
- Personal Protective Grounding (EPP011)
Course Completion Requirements
Participant Must Provide
- Body belt
- Personal fall arrest system with a secondary safety device
- Climbing boots
- Hard hat
- Safety glasses
- Rubber gloves with protectors
- Work gloves
- Long-sleeved shirt
- A photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
- Single-Phase Transformer Connections, Meters, and Installation
- Overhead Line Construction
- Rubber Gloving I: Single-Phase Systems
- Underground Electrical Systems
This course is designed for electric power lineworkers who are seeking completion of the second year of the 4-year apprenticeship training program approved by the Department of Labor.
Infrastructure Training & Safety Institute
OSHA Training Institute Education Center
Phone: | Toll-Free: (800) 723-3811 or (800) SAFE-811
Email: [email protected]