EPP700 – 480.00 Hours
|Details||01/10/22 – 04/21/22||Bryan, TX||IS EPP700 13||$13500.00||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 723-3811 or (800) SAFE-811 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
The Lineworker Academy at Texas A&M Engineering Extension Service (TEEX) is designed to provide to students a comprehensive training experience utilizing the best work methods, equipment, tools, and standards. The Academy offers classroom and hands-on field training with a real-world approach delivered by high-quality curriculum, experienced instructors, and specialized equipment and facilities. Upon completion of the Academy, students will be qualified in equipment operation and pole climbing. They will receive their Basic First Aid and CPR Certification, their OSHA 10-Hour ET&D Construction Card, and be eligible to apply for their Commercial Driver’s License (CDL). Students will also be given the opportunity to enter the job market prepared with the knowledge, skills, and abilities prospective employers within the electric power industry require.
To enroll in the Lineworker Academy, participants must meet the
- Have completed high school or GED certification
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Possess and maintain a valid motor vehicle driver’s license
with eligibility to obtain a Class A commercial driver’s license (CDL)
Applicants to the program must also meet the following
- Able to climb a wooden pole
- Lift 80 pounds of weight
- Work in an elevated bucket with a weight limit of 300 lbs
To apply for this course, applicants must provide the
- $75 non-refundable application processing fee
- Copy of a high school diploma or GED completion
- Completed Lineworker Academy Registration Packet. Important: This Registration Packet must be received by TEEX Customer Care Center no later than Two Weeks after you register (Must download and open in Adobe Reader to complete and sign agreement). This packet contains the following: (1) Participant Enrollment Agreement Form, (2) Official Medical Release Form (must be signed by a physician), (3) Supply Checklist (that includes your shirt size and belt), and (4) Proof of Meningitis Immunization (must be signed by a health practitioner).
Course Completion Requirements
Students Must Provide
- Climbing boots
- Spiral notebook with perforated edges for easy tear out
- Pens, highlighters, and pencils
- Backpack or bag to carry supplies
- Scientific calculator
- Laptop computer
NOTE: Participants may bring their own personal climbing
equipment and hand tools, but it must be approved by TEEX staff. TEEX will
issue equipment to participants that do not have personal climbing equipment
and hand tools to be sued during the course.
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. This course requires participants to attend 100% of class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirements, for example a field exercise that cannot be missed.
This program is for participants who intend to begin a career in the electric utility industry.
The Lineman Academy will issue each student a set of climbing equipment and hand tools. Four long-sleeved shirts will be issued to each student that they may keep once the Academy has concluded. It is the participant’s responsibility to ensure all issued equipment is maintained in a safe manner by inspecting each piece prior to daily use, as well as performing periodic inspections and routine maintenance throughout the duration of the Academy. All issued equipment is to be returned to TEEX once the Academy has concluded prior to graduation. Although participants may bring their own climbing equipment and hand tools for use during the Academy, TEEX Lineman Academy Instructors are required to determine if the equipment is adequate and safe prior to use during field exercises. All personal climbing equipment and hand tools must be marked with the student’s name. The Academy is not responsible for any loss of personal climbing equipment, hand tools, or other personal classroom supplies.
- Post 9/11 GI Bill Benefits® For information contact Veteranservices@teex.tamu.edu or call (877) 833-9638
Infrastructure Training & Safety Institute
OSHA Training Institute Education Center
Phone: (979) 458-9188 | Toll-Free: (800) 723-3811 or (800) SAFE-811