FIV150 – 272.00 Hours
1500 4th Street
Bryan, TX 77807
12:01 AM Tuesday, June 01, 2021
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 423-8433 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
Those who investigate and process crime scenes perform a critical role in the criminal justice system as their findings are the underpinnings of criminal casework that determine verdicts of guilt or innocence. The Collegiate Technical Investigation Skills Program (CTISP) is a blended learning opportunity consisting of 272 hours of specialized forensic training. Participants learn sound, field-tested, current methodologies and technical skills rooted in science-based practices. This application-intensive program instructs participants how to effectively identify, document, collect and process evidence found at crime scenes as preparation for employment in the forensic industry.
CTISP is delivered through a collegiate semester-based course offering schedule and consists of a mixture of eLearning courses, traditional classroom instruction and practical application. Participants have dual enrollment in the TEEX Texas Forensic Science Academy (TFSA) and Blinn College. Upon successful completion of this program, students receive 18 hours of collegiate credit through Blinn College and a Forensic Investigation & Evidence Management professional certificate through the TEEX Texas Forensic Science Academy.
- Participant must have received a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Participant must complete and submit a Federal Criminal History Background Check.
- Participant must be at least 18 years of age before the class end date.
For admission into the program, participants must register for the course, provide a copy of their high school diploma/GED equivalent, and submit a Release for Federal Criminal History Background Check by November 30, 2019.
Participants will be notified by email when required documents are received. Notifications concerning admittance into the program will also be made via email.
Course Completion Requirements
Online Course Technical Requirements
- Broadband Internet Connection Using Current Browser – Microsoft Edge is not a supported browser
- Recommended: Mozilla Firefox 30 or higher, Google Chrome 37 or higher
- Alternatives: Internet Explorer 10 or higher, Safari 7 or higher
- Apple Quicktime Player 10 or higher
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
- Adobe Flash 11 or higher
Participants must wear full length pants/jeans, short/long sleeve shirts (no sleeveless shirts) and closed-toe shoes.
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process, and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. The course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirement, for example a field exercise that cannot be missed.
Participants in a TCOLE credit course must complete the class in its entirety to receive TCOLE credit.
- Anyone interested in becoming a forensic investigator or crime scene investigator
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 232.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- 80.00 hours – International Association of Identification (IAI)
To receive required application documents and instructions, send a request to Katy.Cruse@teex.tamu.edu. Documents may be faxed, mailed or hand delivered to the TEEX Texas Forensic Science Academy at the Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence.
Participants of the Collegiate Technical Investigation Skills Program (CTISP) must also be enrolled in Blinn College. For inquiries related to Blinn College, please contact Robert Stanberry at (979) 209-7399 or Robert.Stanberry@blinn.edu
Passing a Federal Criminal History Background Check is required for admittance into CTISP. It may be conducted by TEEX for a fee of $40.00. This fee, regardless of result or admittance into CTISP, is non-refundable.
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433
- Credit Card – Complete online registration or call (979) 845-6677
- Purchase Order – Complete registration form and send to email@example.com or fax to (979) 862-2788
- Check – Complete registration form and mail to: TEEX – LAW, P.O. Box 40006, College Station, TX 77842
- If paying by purchase order or check, please fill out the required registration form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (979) 862-2788