FIV152 – 48.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence at (800) 423-8433 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
Capturing evidence and documenting the crime scene through skilled photography techniques is crucial to a proper criminal investigation. This course will address the basic concepts of photography and their application to professional crime scene documentation. Course instruction will be through lecture, case review, and practical exercises.
This course, which meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements Texas Forensic Science Academy Forensic Photography Course #40053, is for Blinn College students participating in the Collegiate Technical Investigation Skills Program (CTISP) of TEEX’s Texas Forensic Science Academy.
- Participant must be admitted into CTISP of the TEEX Texas Forensic Science Academy
- Participant must be admitted into Blinn College
- Successfully pass a Federal Criminal History Background Check
- Successful completion of FIV151 Foundations of Forensic Photography (Online)
- Participant must be at least 18 years of age before the CTISP end date
Course Completion Requirements
Participants must wear full length pants/jeans, short/long sleeve shirts (no sleeveless shirts), and closed-toe shoes
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process, and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises.
To receive course and TCOLE credit, participants must attend the class in its entirety.
Student May Bring:
- Digital SLR camera
- Electronic flash
- Cable release
- Camera instruction manual
- Extra batteries for camera and flash
- Laptop computer and photo card reader (for photo review)
Upon successful completion, you will be able to:
- Camera and film selection
- Camera operation
- Common photographic errors
- Crime scene photography
- Digital photographic processes
- Evaluating light
- Photographic equipment
- Photography in law enforcement
- Standards for digital evidence
- Utilizing depth of field
- Collegiate students seeking technical training to prepare them for employment requiring investigative skills such as crime scene investigators, fire investigators, detectives, medicolegal death investigators, patrol officers and forensic nurses.
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
Note: Live Online Instructor-Led (webinar) courses are not eligible for TCOLE credit.
- 40.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- 40.00 hours – State Board for Educator Certification (SBEC)/Texas Education Agency (TEA)
- 20.00 hours – International Association of Identification (IAI)
- Course enrollment for CTISP is through Blinn College. Please contact Robert Stanberry at (979) 209-7399 or [email protected]
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433
Email: [email protected]
- Course fees and enrollment for CTISP is handled through Blinn College. Please contact Robert Stanberry at (979) 209-7399 or [email protected]