FIV154 – 48.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence at (800) 423-8433 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
Once an investigator has mastered basic forensic photography, there are advanced skills and techniques that can allow for greater effectiveness in documenting crime scenes and physical evidence. Participants will learn photographic techniques such as low light/nighttime, ultraviolet, infrared, and laser photography. Course instruction is through lecture, case review, and application exercises.
This course, which meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements Texas Forensic Science Academy Forensic Photography II Course #40054, is for Blinn College students participating in the Collegiate Technical Investigation Skills Program (CTISP) of TEEX’s Texas Forensic Science Academy.
- Participant must be admitted into CTISP of the TEEX Texas Forensic Science Academy
- Participant must be admitted into Blinn College
- Successfully pass a Federal Criminal History Background Check
- Successful completion of FIV151 Foundations of Forensic Photography (Online)
- Successful completion of Forensic Photography I
- Participant must be at least 18 years of age before the CTISP end date
Course Completion Requirements
Participants must wear full length pants/jeans, short/long sleeve shirts (no sleeveless shirts), and closed-toe shoes
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process, and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. To receive course and TCOLE credit, participants must attend the class in its entirety.
Student May Bring
- Digital SLR camera
- Electronic flash
- Cable release
- Macro lens, diopters, or extension tubes
- Color contrast filters
- Photographic (forensic) barrier filters
- Blue #47 glass filter
- RM72 infrared glass filter
- Camera instruction manual
- Electronic flash instruction manual
- Extra batteries for camera and flash
- Laptop computer and photo card reader (for photo review)
Collegiate students seeking technical training to prepare them for employment requiring investigative skills such as crime scene investigators, fire investigators, detectives, medicolegal death investigators, patrol officers and forensic nurses.
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
Note: Live Online Instructor-Led (webinar) courses are not eligible for TCOLE credit.
- 40.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- 20.00 hours – International Association of Identification (IAI)
- 40.00 hours – Texas Education Agency (TEA)
- Course enrollment for CTISP is through Blinn College. Please contact Robert Stanberry at (979) 209-7399 or Robert.Stanberry@blinn.edu
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433
- Course fees and enrollment for CTISP is handled through Blinn College. Please contact Robert Stanberry at (979) 209-7399 or Robert.Stanberry@blinn.edu