FSA104 – 40.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence at (800) 423-8433 or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
Even with the advent of DNA and other forensic technologies, fingerprints continue to be one of the single most important methods for biometric identification and criminal investigation. During this course, participants will receive information and learn techniques and methods for processing latent fingerprints. Students will learn how to enhance visible fingerprints from crime scenes, as well as from physical evidence. Course instruction is through lecture and practical laboratory application.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements Texas Forensic Science Academy Latent Print Processing Course #40055.
- Licensed or certified peace officer with a current
commission employed by or attached to a law enforcement/investigative
- Civilian employed by a law enforcement/investigative agency
conducting investigative tasks or duties
- Nurse employed by a medical facility tasked with conducting
Course Completion Requirements
Student Must Provide
- Digital SLR camera
Course Attire / PPE
- Class activities include the use of powders and chemical reagents; PPE is provided for use by participants.
- Closed toe shoes
Class attendance is an essential part of the
education process, and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all
class sessions and field exercises. The course requires participants to attend
a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course
completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional
attendance requirement, for example a field exercise that cannot be missed.
Participants in a TCOLE credit course must complete the class in its
entirety to receive TCOLE credit.
Prior Training Courses or Knowledge
Please fax proof of course completion to (979) 862-2788 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks prior to class start date. Participants will be contacted via email to confirm approval and admittance into course.
Student May Bring
- Camera instruction manual
- Camera cable release
- Macro lens or diopters
- Laptop computer and photo card reader (for photo review)
Course Attire / PPE
- Class activities involve powders and chemicals; participants are encouraged to wear older, comfortable clothing
Law enforcement and non-commissioned personnel assigned to
investigative tasks and duties such as latent print processors, crime scene investigators, fire investigators, detectives, medicolegal
death investigators and patrol officers
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 40.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- 3.00 hours – ACE
- 20.00 hours – International Association of Identification (IAI)
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433
- Credit Card – Complete online registration or call (979) 845-6677
- Purchase Order – Complete registration form and send to email@example.com or fax to (979) 862-2788
- Check – Complete registration form and mail to: TEEX – LAW, P.O. Box 40006, College Station, TX 77842
- If paying by purchase order or check, please fill out the required registration form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (979) 862-2788.