FSA107 – 16.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence at (800) 423-8433 or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
Collecting and storing evidence is a crucial aspect of an investigation. This online course will teach participants how to properly manage and store property and evidence for investigative purposes. Participants will also complete interactive scenarios by applying Texas law and proven practices developed by the Texas Association of Property and Evidence Inventory Technicians (TAPEIT). The practices learned in this course may be superseded by your agency departmental policy.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements Texas Forensic Science Academy Basic Property Technician Course #40062.
Note: This course is currently offline and not accepting student registrations due to routine course maintenance. Please subscribe to our email newsletter to receive notification when course registration resumes. Please contact us at (979) 845-6677 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
- The mandatory completion/duration period for this eCourse is 45 days from the registration date.
- Participants will have three attempts to pass the final examination.
- To complete this course, you are required to have a computer with internet access.
Online Course Technical Requirements
To successfully complete this online course, you should have access to a computer with the following system requirements:
- Computer tower or laptop
- Note: The use of a tablet is not recommended and may result in connectivity issues.
- Broadband or high-speed internet connection
- Recommended: Wired connection with at least 2.0 Mbps bandwidth (bi-directional, i.e. sending and receiving)
- Alternative: Wireless (WiFi) connection
- Note: The use of a MiFi or mobile hotspot is not recommended and may result in connectivity issues.
- Current version of web browser
- Internet Explorer 11
- Note: Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Safari no longer support Adobe Flash and will not work for viewing this course offering.
- Apple QuickTime Player 10 or higher
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
- Adobe Flash 28 or higher
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
- Chain of custody
- Dispositions of abandoned/unclaimed and safe-keeping property
- Dispositions of evidence
- Packaging of evidence
- Property room management
- Law enforcement and non-commissioned personnel assigned to investigative tasks and duties such as property and evidence technicians, crime scene investigators, fire investigators, detectives, medicolegal death investigators, patrol officers, corrections officers and forensic nurses who collect or store evidence. Additional audiences are personnel from the criminal justice system and public/private companies with duties related to evidence and/or chain of custody.
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 16.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- 3.00 hours – ACE
- 16.00 hours – Texas Education Agency (TEA)
- After registering online for this course, you will receive an email with instructions for getting started. If you do not receive a confirmation within one hour, please contact us at (979) 845-6677 or email@example.com
TAPEIT property technician certification information
The TEEX Basic Property Technician course is recognized by TAPEIT as meeting a portion of the requirements necessary to achieve the TAPEIT Property Technician Basic Certification. Visit the TAPEIT website to obtain additional information about the program.
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433