HAZ007 – 16.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Emergency Services Training Institute at (866) 878-8900 or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
This course meets or exceeds the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1072 Hazardous Materials / WMD Emergency Response Personnel Professional Qualifications Chapter 8, “Incident Commander” and Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1910.120 (q)(6)(iv) for Incident Command-level personnel.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
For classroom activities, participants must wear full length pants, closed-toe shoes, and short sleeve / long sleeve shirts (no sleeveless shirts).
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. This course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirements, for example a field exercise that cannot be missed.
- Analyzing the incident
- Planning a response
- Approving response objectives and options
- Approving Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for action options
- Developing an Incident Action Plan (IAP)
- Developing a site safety plan
- Implementing the response
- Implementing Incident Command Systems (ICS)
- Directing resources
- Information transfer
- Evaluating effectiveness of control functions
- Terminating the incident
- Incident debrief and critique
- Reports and documentation
- Transfer of Command
Personnel who respond to emergencies involving Hazardous Materials (HazMat)/Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) as an incident commander and will be responsible for all incident activities, including the development of strategies and tactics, and the ordering and release of resources.
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
Note: Live Online Instructor-Led (webinar) courses are not eligible for TCOLE credit.
- Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
For responders in the state of Texas, this course is also available at no cost through the Texas Division of Emergency Management.
HazMat Training Manager
Phone: (979) 458-3640 | Toll-Free: (979) 458-4368
- Credit Card – Complete online registration or call (979) 845-2130
- Purchase Order – Complete online registration and send a copy of PO documentation within 48 hours to Cynthia.Ford@teex.tamu.edu.