HWS003 – 8.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Infrastructure Training & Safety Institute
OSHA Training Institute Education Center at (800) 723-3811 or (800) SAFE-811 or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
This course is intended to provide important training for anyone working on or near local roadways; roads under the jurisdiction of city or county governments. Training is confined to traffic control needed for two-lane or multilane conventional roadways with traffic speeds less than 60 mph.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
- Preparation of simple traffic control plans
- Signs and channelizing devices
- Texas Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices
- Traffic crashes in temporary traffic control zones and legal responsibilities
- Pavement markings, lighting, and other devices
- Traffic control typical applications
- Use of traffic flagging
This course is designed for public works personnel and employees of water systems.
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 8.00 hours – TCEQ licensed water operators
- 8.00 hours – TCEQ licensed wastewater operators