IND001 – 32.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Emergency Services Training Institute at (866) 878-8900 or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
This course provides practical training under real fire conditions at Brayton Fire Training Field with your emergency response leaders providing instruction. The custom designed curriculum is based on the needs of the client. The 8 to 40 hour curriculum could include basic, intermediate, or advanced level classroom lecture and/or field exercises.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
Course Attire/Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- For field exercises, students must provide National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1971 compliant PPE that meets the Level 4 requirements in the ESTI Student Safety Manual. Any bunker gear found to be unsafe or not NFPA compliant will not be allowed on the field. The bunker gear includes: coat, pants, hood, gloves, helmet, and boots.
- Students are required to participate in hands-on activities utilizing Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) and therefore must be clean shaven while attending class. Facial hair must not be present where the SCBA mask seal contacts the skin. Mustaches and normal sideburns are permitted.
- For classroom activities, students must wear full length pants, closed-toe shoes, and short sleeve/ long sleeve shirts (no sleeveless shirts).
The student attendance requirements for this course is based upon the needs of the client and is communicated to the students during the class.
Due to the strenuous nature of class activities, you should secure a professional evaluation of your physical condition prior to enrolling in this course.
- Firefighter safety and survival
- Incident safety officer
- Emergency communications
- Incident command
- Pump operations
- Live fire training
- Accountability during an incident
- Emergency Operation Center (EOC)
- Plant operators
- Plant maintenance
- Laboratory personnel
- Electricians/Instrumentation techs
- Security personnel