IND004 – 24.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Emergency Services Training Institute at (866) 878-8900 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
This hands-on course is designed to provide emergency responders with the skills and knowledge required to mitigate a flammable liquid fire involving railcars. Students will learn how to recognize hazards and consider tactical responses on full-scale props where they will apply their skills and knowledge in a controlled but realistic crude oil fire involving railcars.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
Course Attire/Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- For field exercises, participants must provide National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1971 compliant PPE that meets the Level 4 requirements in the ESTI Student Safety Manual. Any bunker gear found to be unsafe or not NFPA compliant will not be allowed on the field. The bunker gear includes: coat, pants, hood, gloves, helmet, and boots.
- Participants are required to participate in hands-on activities utilizing Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) and therefore must be clean shaven while attending class. Facial hair must not be present where the SCBA mask seal contacts the skin. Mustaches and normal sideburns are permitted.
- For classroom activities, participants must wear full length pants, closed-toe shoes, and short sleeve/ long sleeve shirts (no sleeveless shirts).
Participants Must Provide
- a photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. This course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirements, for example a field exercise that cannot be missed.
Due to the strenuous nature of class activities, you should secure a professional evaluation of your physical condition prior to enrolling in this course.
- U.S. Railroad’s role in crude oil distribution
- Crude oil properties and equipment
- Hazard recognition
- Tactical response considerations
- Industry regulations
- Behaviors of burning crude oil tank
- Flammable liquid firefighting equipment
This course is appropriate for emergency response personnel who will respond to flammable liquid fire involving railcars, including:
- Municipal firefighters
- Industrial firefighters
- Railroad emergency responders
Phone: (979) 458-3642 | (866) 878-8900
Email: [email protected]
- Credit Card – Complete online registration or call (979) 845-2130.
- Purchase Order – Complete online registration and send a copy of PO documentation within 48 hours.
TEEX Participant Handbook
Conduct During Live Online Instructor-Led Courses
Students are required to follow the guidelines in the ESTI Student Safety Manual.