IND020 – 20.00 Hours
|Details||06/28/23 – 06/30/23||College Station, TX||FP IND020 57||$930.00||Register|
|Details||10/25/23 – 10/27/23||College Station, TX||FP IND020 58||$930.00||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (866) 878-8900 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
This course is two and one-half days of classroom and hands-on activities designed to provide you with the knowledge and skills necessary to operate pumping apparatus in the industrial environment.
Classroom topics include driving safety, pump operations theory, hydraulics, and tactics. Field exercises cover basic pump operations, driving, drafting, relay pumping, and other water supply/attack activities.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
Course Attire/Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- For field exercise, participants must provide National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1971 compliant PPE that meets the Level 2 requirements in the ESTI Student Safety Manual. Any gear found to be unsafe or not NFPA compliant will not be allowed on the field. The PPE includes: safety glasses, gloves, hard hat, and safety-toed boots.
- For classroom activities, participants must wear full length pants, closed-toe shoes, and short sleeve/ long sleeve shirts (no sleeveless shirts).
Participants must provide
- a photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. This course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirements, for example a field exercise that cannot be missed.
Due to the strenuous nature of class activities, you should secure a professional evaluation of your physical condition prior to enrolling in this course.
- Types of fire apparatus
- Fire pump theory
- Fire ground hydraulics
- Apparatus familiarization
- Driving safety
- Drafting operations
- Relay pumping
- Hydrant operations
- Parallel pumping
- Plant operators
- Plant maintenance personnel
- Laboratory personnel
- Electricians/Instrumentation techs
- Security personnel
Phone: (979) 458-3642 | (866) 878-8900
Email: [email protected]
- Credit Card – Complete online registration or call (979) 845-2130.
- Purchase Order Complete online registration and send a copy of PO documentation within 48 hours.