IND026 – 20.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Emergency Services Training Institute at (866) 878-8900 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
This training course utilizes classroom lecture and hands-on exercises to provide you with the knowledge that is necessary to respond to incipient fires. The hands-on exercises include using portable fire extinguishers, low volume hose lines, and required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
This course is designed to provide industrial fire brigade members with the skills and knowledge required for certification to Chapter 5, “Incipient Industrial Fire Brigade Member,” as described in National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1081, Standard for Industrial Fire Brigade Member Professional Qualifications (2012 edition). Upon completion of this course you are eligible to take the National Board on Fire Service Professional Qualifications (Pro Board) written exam and skills testing.
Pro Board Certification Requirements
Participants pursuing Pro Board certification must provide proof of NFPA 472 HazMat Awareness dated prior to the last day of class. The documentation must meet the certification office requirements.
Course Completion Requirements
Course Attire/Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- For field exercises, particpants must provide National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1971 compliant PPE that meets the Level 4 requirements in the ESTI Student Safety Manual. Any bunker gear found to be unsafe or not NFPA compliant will not be allowed on the field. The bunker gear includes: coat, pants, hood, gloves, helmet, and boots.
- Participants are required to participate in hands-on activities utilizing Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) and therefore must be clean shaven while attending class. Facial hair must not be present where the SCBA mask seal contacts the skin. Mustaches and normal sideburns are permitted.
- For classroom activities, participants must wear full length pants, closed-toe shoes, and short sleeve/ long sleeve shirts (no sleeveless shirts).
Pro Board Certification Testing
Participants are required to provide a photo ID at time of Pro Board testing.
Participants Must Provide
- a photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. This course requires participants to attend 100% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion and to sit for the Pro Board certification exam.
Due to the strenuous nature of class activities, you should secure a professional evaluation of your physical condition prior to enrolling in this course.
Upon successful completion, you will be able to:
- Firefighter Safety and Survival
- Fire Behavior
- Communications and Incident Reports
- Portable Fire Extinguishers
- Fire Hose and Water Supply
- Master Streams and Salvage
- Fixed Fire Protection Systems
- Incident Command System (ICS)
- Considerations for Effective Response
This course is targeted for industrial incipient fire brigade members.
Industrial Fire Training Manager
Phone: (979) 458-3642 | (866) 878-8900
Email: [email protected]
- Credit Card – Complete online registration or call (979) 845-2130
- Purchase Order – Complete online registration and send a copy of PO documentation within 48 hours to [email protected]