LET104 – 3.00 Hours
|LS LET104 30||$25.00||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 423-8433 or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
Anyone can become a victim of identity theft. Identity thieves, unlike robbers or fraudsters, do not require personal contact with their victims in order to commit their crimes. These thieves can claim an individual owes phantom debt while manipulating and appealing to personal, sensitive, or false information. The more an individual does to protect his or her information, the lower the odds that the individual will become a victim of identity theft. This course prepares investigators with the knowledge and skills of how to handle identity crimes while best serving the victims of identity theft within their immediate community and beyond.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements Identity Theft Course #3277.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
- The mandatory completion/duration period for this eCourse is 45 days from the registration date.
- To complete this course, you are required to have a computer with internet access.
Online Course Technical Requirements
To successfully complete this online course, you should have access to a computer with the following system requirements:
- Computer tower or laptop
- Note: The use of a tablet is not recommended and may result in connectivity issues.
- Broadband or high-speed internet connection
- Recommended: Wired connection with at least 2.0 Mbps bandwidth (bi-directional, i.e. sending and receiving)
- Alternative: Wireless (WiFi) connection
- Note: The use of a MiFi or mobile hotspot is not recommended and may result in connectivity issues.
- Current version of web browser
- Recommended: Mozilla Firefox 52 or higher, Google Chrome 80 or higher
- Alternatives: Internet Explorer 11, Safari 11 or higher
- Note: Microsoft Edge is not currently a supported browser.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
- Defining identity crimes
- How identity crimes occur
- Laws and statutes governing identity crimes
- Prosecuting identity crimes
- Identity theft crimes prevention
- Law enforcement and non-commissioned personnel
- Personnel in the public sector and non-profit organizations
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
Note: Live Online Instructor-Led (webinar) courses are not eligible for TCOLE credit.
- .3 IACET CEUs
- 3.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433