LET545 – 20.00 Hours
9-1-1 Dispatchers and Telecommunicators are faced daily with the difficult task of communicating with monolingual Spanish speakers over the phone.
This high-quality and up-to-date Spanish for 9-1-1 Dispatch training provides the exact Spanish language needed by dispatchers. Spanish for 9-1-1 Dispatchers is a complete language training solution for all dispatchers.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) intermediate Spanish mandate requirement Course #2109 or #2110.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
- The mandatory completion/duration for this eCourse is six months from the registration date
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and or end of course exam.
- Speakers or headphones
- Handling a call
- Emergency call
- Non-emergency call
- Gathering personal information
- Emergency situations
- Domestic situations
- Diagnosing pain
- Criminal activity
- Dispatcher and telecommunications personnel
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 20.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- This course is offered in partnership with Spanish on Patrol
- Please contact Spanish on Patrol with questions regarding payment at (303)-954-4875
- This is a web-based internet course with no software to install or download
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433