LET565 – 40.00 Hours
|Details||05/15/23 – 05/19/23||Bryan, TX||LS LET565 112||$375.00||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 423-8433 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
Having the knowledge and skills for creating a successful learning environment for students is an essential attribute to being a successful instructor. This hands-on, professional development experience for new instructors will improve skills for effective instruction and enhance presentation techniques. Participants will learn modern methods for effectively training adults and techniques for creating a productive and thriving learning environment.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements Basic Instructor Course #1014.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
Participant Must Provide
- A photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
- Laptop and materials for the job-related subject they will be teaching
Note: Participants should be aware that the course involves homework and typewritten assignments. Some classroom time is given to work on the assignments, but the allotted time is generally not enough to complete all of the work during class sessions. Participants should expect to complete assignments outside of normal classroom hours.
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process, and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. The course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirement, for example a field exercise that cannot be missed.
Participants in a TCOLE credit course must complete the class in its entirety to receive TCOLE credit.
- Instructor responsibilities
- Teaching-learning process
- Domains of learning
- Factors affecting learning
- Phases of learning
- Analysis and design foundations
- Methods of instruction
- Lesson plans
- Instructional media
- Testing and evaluation
- Student presentation and teaching exercise
- Currently commissioned Texas peace officers
- Licensed security officers
- Emergency Medical Technicians
- Public safety trainers
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
Note: Live Online Instructor-Led (webinar) courses are not eligible for TCOLE credit.
- 40.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433
Email: [email protected]
- Credit Card – Complete online registration or call (979) 845-6677
- Purchase Order – Complete registration form and send to [email protected] or fax to (877) 289-9715
- Check – Complete registration form and mail to: TEEX – ILEPSE, P.O. Box 40006, College Station, TX 77842