LET573 – 2.00 Hours
|LS LET573 53||$20.00||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 423-8433 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
Officers always have a firearm and these weapons play a large role in police work. Firearms by their very nature are a destructive device. Officers need to know safe, proper handling procedures for firearms to prevent unwanted catastrophes.
This course introduces the basic principles of firearms handling and firearms safety. Participants will be introduced to basic marksmanship principles and firearms functions to include, loading/unloading/reloading, stoppage clearance and positions shooting.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements TEEX Firearms Basics (Online) Course #78033.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
- The mandatory completion/duration period for this eCourse is 45 days from the registration date.
- To complete this course, you are required to have a computer with internet access.
Online Course Technical Requirements
To successfully complete this online course, you should have access to a computer with the following system requirements:
- Computer tower or laptop
- Note: The use of a tablet is not recommended and may result in connectivity issues.
- Broadband or high-speed internet connection
- Recommended: Wired connection with at least 2.0 Mbps bandwidth (bi-directional, i.e. sending and receiving)
- Alternative: Wireless (WiFi) connection
- Note: The use of a MiFi or mobile hotspot is not recommended and may result in connectivity issues.
- Current version of web browser
- Recommended: Mozilla Firefox 52 or higher, Google Chrome 80 or higher
- Alternatives: Internet Explorer 11, Safari 11 or higher
- Note: Microsoft Edge is not currently a supported browser.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and or end of course exam.
- Firearm safety
- Drawing firearms
- Tactical movement
- Weapon malfunctions
- Loading weapons
- Unloading weapons
- Use of cover
Peace officers, first responders, and any individual interested in firearms.
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
Note: Live Online Instructor-Led (webinar) courses are not eligible for TCOLE credit.
- 2.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- Videos used in this course are available on the TEEX YouTube channel; however to obtain TCOLE credit for this topic, participants must register, watch the videos, and successfully complete the course exam.
- After registering online for this course, you will receive an email with instructions for getting started. If you do not receive a confirmation within one hour, please contact us at (979) 845-6677or email@example.com
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433