LET574 – 40.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence at (800) 423-8433 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
Basic Sniper uses practical exercises to provide law enforcement designated marksmen the knowledge, skills, and abilities to effectively engage threat targets in response to an active shooter, hostage rescue or barricaded shooter situations.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements SWAT Sniper Training Course #3324.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
Participant Must Provide
- A photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
- All participants will be required to pass basic sniper qualification to receive certification.
Participant Must Provide
- Rifle, Bolt or Semi-Auto, 5.56mm or larger in caliber with magnified variable power scope minimum power 3X9
- 500 rounds match ammo (No Armor Piercing or Tracer Ammo)
- Magnified Optic
- Sling (Must assist in sling supported shooting)
- Shooting Sticks/Tripod/Anything to help support the gun
- Ammo/Mag Pouch
- Data Book/Clipboard/Notebook with pen/pencil
- Eye and Ear Protection
- Billed Cap
- Bean Bag/Shot Sock
- Range Bag/Small Backpack
- Cleaning Kit
- Water Bottle/Camelback
- Sunscreen and Bug Spray
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process, and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. The course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirement, for example, a field exercise that cannot be missed.
Participants in a TCOLE credit course must complete the class in its entirety to receive TCOLE credit.
- Kestrel/Anemometer/Weather Station
- Knee and Elbow Pads
- Shooting Pad/Mat
- Smartphone with Ballistic App, i.e. Knight’s Bulletflight M, MD Ballistics, Ballistics AE, JBM, ATRAG, Applied Ballistics, etc.
- Safety Rules
- Weapons system
- Optics and Reticles
- Care and cleaning
- Documentation and record keeping
- Principles of marksmanship
- Participants should be currently commissioned peace officers
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
Note: Live Online Instructor-Led (webinar) courses are not eligible for TCOLE credit.
- 40.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433
Email: [email protected]