LET576 – 40.00 Hours
1500 4th Street
Bryan, TX 77807
08:00 AM Monday, September 20, 2021
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 423-8433 or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
Responsibly training patrol officers on how to deploy patrol rifles is of the utmost importance to ensure they can deploy with speed and fire with precision while maintaining safety and accountability. This course teaches participants how to effectively instruct principles of marksmanship, rifle nomenclature, and operation. Emphasis will be placed on teaching weapons manipulation and training personnel to fight with commonly configured patrol rifles. Although this course is based on the AR-15/M-4/M-16 weapons platform, other systems will be discussed.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements Patrol Rifle Instructor Course #3323.
- Basic Instructor Development (TCOLE #1014) or a course equivalent.
- Firearms Instructor (TCOLE #2222) or a course equivalent.
Please fax documents to (979) 862-2788 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org two weeks prior to class start date.
Course Completion Requirements
- Participants must pass the Patrol Rifle Instructor Qualifications on the first day of class. There will be no refunds for any candidate dismissed for failure to meet the minimum qualifications.
- Hearing protection
- Wrap around eye protection
- Billed cap
- Knee and elbow pads
- Duty handgun with 3 magazines and 300 rounds of ammunition
- Duty belt with a non-collapsible belt holster for handgun
- Magazine pouch
- Cleaning gear
- Weather appropriate, sturdy clothing and good footwear, i.e. duty style or hiking boots that provide good ankle support
- Magazine fed semi-automatic rifle that uses and was manufactured for the use of detachable magazines with sling, 3 magazines, magazine pouches, appropriate cleaning gear and 1000 rounds of ammunition. No M855 green tip or armor-piercing ammo will be allowed. Detachable optics are acceptable but rifle must have iron sights that co-witness through the optic.
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process, and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. The course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirement, for example a field exercise that cannot be missed.
Participants in a TCOLE credit course must complete the class in its entirety to receive TCOLE credit.
- Body armor
- Bug spray
- Drinking water
- Athletic or medical tape for fingers and hands
- Firearms safety
- Principles of marksmanship
- Rifle manipulation
- Rifle nomenclature, care, and maintenance
- Sight adjustment, zeroing procedures, course design and implementation
- Participants should be currently commissioned peace officers or security personnel
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 4.00 CEUs
- 40.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433