LET622 – 32.00 Hours
1500 4th Street
Bryan, TX 77807
08:00 AM Monday, May 17, 2021
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 423-8433 or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
Participants will learn basic self defense tactics for all levels of resistance that can be used if attacked in the line of duty while in a corrections facility. Officers will be able to return to their agency and train personnel in these defensive tactics.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements Defensive Tactics for Corrections Personnel Instructor Course #78043.
- Basic Instructor Development (TCOLE #1014)
Please fax documents to (979) 862-2788 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org two weeks prior to class start date.
Course Completion Requirements
Physical participation is required, participant must be in good physical condition and able to complete the following:
- Handcuffing techniques
- Impact and stunning blows
- Joint locks
- Grounding techniques
attendance is an essential part of the education process, and participants in
TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. The
course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a
component of successful course completion. During the course, your
instructor will review any additional attendance requirement, for example a
field exercise that cannot be missed.
in a TCOLE credit course must complete the class in its entirety to receive
Participants should wear comfortable clothing for physical activity.
- Participants should be currently commissioned peace officers, licensed security officers or public safety trainers.
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 3.20 CEUs
- 32.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- Certificate of successful completion valid five years from date of completion.
- Successful completion of this course and a valid TCOLE Jailer License will satisfy course requirements for Basic County Corrections Physical Skills Train the Trainer course. Contact email@example.com or (979) 845-6677 for more information.
Successful completion of this course, LET299 Basic County Corrections Physical Skills Train the Trainer Scheduling Requirements, and a valid TCOLE Jailer License will satisfy course requirements for Basic County Correction Physical Skills Train the Trainer course. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (979) 845-6677 for more information.
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433