MAP007 – 8.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Business & Cyber Solutions at or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
Quick Changeover and Single Minute Exchange of Dies (SMED) Overview is a course designed to help manufacturing employees learn about techniques that reduce process changeover times from one product to another. Specific techniques are discussed to reduce equipment down time (waiting waste) due to the changeover process resulting in greater productivity and throughput. Examples are shown to speed up alignment of fixtures and methods are discussed to achieve changeover times on machines to less than 10 minutes (SMED).
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
Participant Must Provide
- a photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
- Lean Manfacturing
- Wastes associated with the change over process
- Definition of changeover time
- Changeover improvement process
- Benefits of quick changeover
- The single minute exchange of dies (SMED) system
- Keys to success
Manufacturing professionals & production personnel
Please call customer service at (979) 431-4837 for more information or email us at [email protected]