MAR002 – 32.00 Hours
|Details||06/21/22 – 06/24/22||College Station, TX||FP MAR002 263||$1140.00||Register|
|Details||08/23/22 – 08/26/22||College Station, TX||FP MAR002 264||$1140.00||Register|
|Details||09/20/22 – 09/23/22||College Station, TX||FP MAR002 265||$1140.00||Register|
|Details||10/11/22 – 10/14/22||College Station, TX||FP MAR002 266||$1140.00||Register|
|Details||11/01/22 – 11/04/22||College Station, TX||FP MAR002 267||$1140.00||Register|
|Details||11/29/22 – 12/02/22||College Station, TX||FP MAR002 268||$1140.00||Register|
|Details||12/13/22 – 12/16/22||College Station, TX||FP MAR002 269||$1140.00||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (866) 878-8900 or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
The Advanced Marine Firefighting course emphasizes hands-on training to provide you with the skills necessary to effectively lead an emergency response team aboard a merchant vessel or offshore facility. Supplementing the hands-on training are classroom sessions utilizing discussion, demonstrations, case histories, and visual presentations.
The course exceeds International Maritime Organization (IMO), Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping (STCW), and U.S. Coast Guard advanced firefighting training requirements.
This course satisfies the competency requirements of Table A-VI/3 of the STCW Code, as amended 2010, and NVIC 09-14, for Advanced Fire Fighting and will satisfy the training requirements of 46 CFR 11.201(h), and 11.303(a). Applicants are not required to present completed record of assessment sheets when applying for the STCW endorsement.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
Course Attire/Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- For field exercises, TEEX will provide participants PPE compliant to the Level 4 requirements in the ESTI Student Safety Manual.
- Participants are required to participate in hands-on activities utilizing Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) and therefore must be clean shaven while attending class. Facial hair must not be present where the SCBA mask seal contacts the skin. Mustaches and normal sideburns are permitted.
- For classroom activities, participants must wear full length pants, closed-toe shoes, and short sleeve / long sleeve shirts (no sleeveless shirts).
U.S. Coast Guard Requirement
All participants attending a U.S. Coast Guard approved course are required to provide a photo ID on the first day of class. This could include a driver’s license, MMD, Passport, Armed Forces ID, etc.
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. This course requires participants to attend 100% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion.
Due to the strenuous nature of class activities, you should secure a professional evaluation of your physical condition prior to enrolling in this course.
- Firefighting in port
- Inspection and servicing of firefighting equipment
- Organization of a fire party
- Pre-fire planning
- Storage and handling of hazardous materials
- Tactical components of shipboard firefighting
- Training of a fire party
- Use of fixed fire extinguishing systems
- Use of water and its effects on stability
- Portable extinguishers
- Fire hose and nozzle
- Self Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA)
- Interior Firefighting
Maritime or offshore petroleum industry personnel who may be required to perform in a leadership role in response to a fire aboard a ship or at their facility.
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- U.S. Coast Guard
Class Location and Travel Information
Classes are conducted in Building #71
Brayton Fire Training Field
1595 Nuclear Science Road
College Station, Texas
The Bryan-College Station Convention and Visitors Bureau maintains a list of local hotels.
If you have trouble registering through the online registration system, contact the Marine Firefighting Program at (979) 845-1152 or Cynthia.Ford@teex.tamu.edu
Phone: (979) 845-1158 | Toll-Free: (979) 845-3831
- Credit Card – Complete online registration or call (979) 845-2130
- Purchase Order – Complete online registration and send a copy of PO documentation within 48 hours to Christy.firstname.lastname@example.org