MAR006 – 32.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Emergency Services Training Institute at (866) 878-8900 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
This course provides municipal fire departments and industrial fire brigades training specific to the marine environment and utilizes scenario-based, live-fire exercises to apply the knowledge and skills gained during the course.
Organizations whose fire protection responsibilities include marine facilities and vessels will benefit from this program.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
Course Attire/Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- For field exercises, TEEX will provide participants PPE compliant to the Level 4 requirements in the ESTI Student Safety Manual.
- Participants are required to participate in hands-on activities utilizing Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) and therefore must be clean shaven while attending class. Facial hair must not be present where the SCBA mask seal contacts the skin. Mustaches and normal sideburns are permitted.
- For classroom activities, participants must wear full length pants, closed-toe shoes, and short sleeve / long sleeve shirts (no sleeveless shirts).
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. This course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirements, for example a field exercise that cannot be missed.
Due to the strenuous nature of class activities, you should secure a professional evaluation of your physical condition prior to enrolling in this course.
Members of municipal fire departments or industrial fire brigades whose fire protection responsibilities include marine facilities and vessels.
Class Location and Travel Information
Classes are conducted in Building #71
Brayton Fire Training Field
1595 Nuclear Science Road
College Station, Texas
The Bryan-College Station Convention and Visitors Bureau maintains a list of local hotels.
If you have trouble registering through the online registration system, contact the Marine Firefighting Program at (979) 845-1152 or Cynthia.Ford@teex.tamu.edu.
Phone: (979) 845-1158 | Toll-Free: (979) 845-3831
- Credit Card – Complete online registration or call (979) 845-2130
- Purchase Order – Complete online registration and send a copy of PO documentation within 48 hours to Cynthia.Ford@teex.tamu.edu