MGT904 – 21.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Emergency Services Training Institute at (866) 878-8900 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
Building on the prerequisite ICS 100 and ICS 200 courses, this ICS 300 course focuses on the Incident Command System (ICS) for supervisors in expanding incidents. ICS 300 outlines how the NIMS Command and Coordination component supports the management of expanding incidents as well as describes the incident management processes as prescribed by ICS. This course has a threaded activity that will give students the opportunity to practice implementing the incident management process and creating an Incident Action Plan (IAP) for a simulated expanding incident.
- IS-100.b, FEMA Introduction to the Incident Command System, ICS-100
- IS-200.b, FEMA Incident Command System for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents, ICS-200
- IS-700.a, Introduction to the National Incident Management System (NIMS)
- IS-800.b, National Response Framework (NRF), An Introduction
Course Completion Requirements
Score a minimum of 75% on course Post-Test
Participants Must Provide
- a photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
Students are required to attend all class sessions and participate in all student activities.
Experience using concepts and principles from ICS-100 and ICS-200 in a response or exercise.
- How the National Incident Management System (NIMS) Command and Management component supports the management of expanding incidents
- The incident/event management process for supervisors and expanding incidents as prescribed by the Incident Command System (ICS).
- Implementing the incident management process at a simulated incident.
- Developing an Incident Action Plan (IAP) for a simulated incident.
Personnel expected to perform in a management capacity in an expanding incident that may require a higher level of NIMS/ICS training from the following disciplines/services:
- Fire Service
- Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
- Hazardous Materials (HazMat)
- Law Enforcement (LE)
- Public Health (PH)
- Public Works (PW)
- Emergency Management (EM)
- Government administrative
- Private sector and military (if invited by the host jurisdiction)
- County, state, and federal agency personnel who may assume a supervisory role in expanding incidents or Type 3 incidents.
- Maximum number of participants: 40
- Minimum number of participants: 26
All TEEX NIMS/ICS instructors are certified Department of Homeland Security instructors and meet/exceed all requirements needed to teach the ICS-300 course and proctor the ICS-300 examination.
- For DHS/FEMA Funded Courses, please contact [email protected] or call (866) 878-8900
Phone: (979) 500-6773
Email: [email protected]