MSP201 – 80.00 Hours
|Details||09/12/22 – 09/23/22||Westhampton Beach, NY||LS MSP201 13||$2345.00||Register|
|Details||11/07/22 – 11/18/22||DFW Airport, TX||LS MSP201 18||$2345.00||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 423-8433 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
This 80-hour course will introduce the participant to the police motorcycle through a low threat but highly challenging training environment. Participants will be given multiple opportunities to develop and practice the skills necessary to operate within a general police patrol environment, often with limited space to maneuver. As the participant develops and practices the required skills, the participant will apply those techniques to patrol tactics through reality-based training scenarios.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements for Course #667374.
- Valid drivers license with full motorcycle endorsement
- Employed as a commissioned peace officer with an agency approval letter
Please send proof of course completion via email to [email protected] at least two weeks prior to class start date.
Participants will be contacted via email to confirm approval and admittance into course.
Course Completion Requirements
Participant Must Provide
- A photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
The participant must provide the following required riding gear:
- United States Department of Transportation (DOT) approved motorcycle helmet in good condition and free of defects
- Eye protection
- Shatter resistant eye glasses, sun glasses, or safety glasses (for day use)
- Clear eyeglasses, clear safety glasses (night time or low light use)
- Long pants (blue jeans or BDU type pants) that are loose fitting while in the seated position
- Lace up boots (cover above the ankle with good grip soles; no leather soles)
- Full finger gloves
- Long sleeves (shirt or jacket) for higher speed exercises
- Rain gear for inclement weather
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process, and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. The course requires participants to attend a 100% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirement, for example a field exercise that cannot be missed.
Participants in a TCOLE credit course must complete the class in its entirety to receive TCOLE credit.
- Pre-ride activities
- Basic riding skills and scenario attempts
- Patrol tactics and scenario attempts
- Riding skill evaluations
- Law enforcement officers assigned to, or about to be assigned to, police motorcycle operations
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
Note: Live Online Instructor-Led (webinar) courses are not eligible for TCOLE credit.
- 80.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433
Email: [email protected]