MSP203 – 120.00 Hours
1500 4th Street
Bryan, TX 77807
08:00 AM Monday, May 10, 2021
1500 4th Street
Bryan, TX 77807
08:00 AM Monday, June 07, 2021
West Virginia State Police TA
135 Academy Drive
Dunbar, WV 25064
08:00 AM Monday, July 12, 2021
Cookeville Police Department
760 B Whitson Avenue
Cookeville, TN 38501
08:00 AM Monday, October 11, 2021
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 423-8433 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
This 120-hour course equips the instructor candidate with the knowledge and skills to successfully instruct the Basic Police Motorcycle Operator course. Instructor candidates work through topics such as range location selection, layout and cone placement for each activity, coaching and evaluating motorcycle operator performance, and how to properly demonstrate riding skills. The instructor candidate will gain practical field exercise experience through the facilitation of a Basic Police Motorcycle Operator course and receive daily performance feedback based on their teaching and coaching performance. Upon successful completion of the course, participants will be certified to customize their own agency training program to continue training internally.
- Basic Police Motorcycle Operator or course equivalent
- Valid driver’s license with full motorcycle endorsement
- Employed as a commissioned peace officer with an agency approval letter
Please fax documents to (877) 289-9715 or send an email to email@example.com two weeks prior to class start date.
Course Completion Requirements
Required Riding Gear
- United States Department of Transportation (DOT) approved motorcycle helmet in good condition and free of defects
- Eye protection (shatter resistant eye glasses, sun glasses, or safety glasses)
- Long pants (blue jeans or BDU type pants)
- Lace up boots (cover above the ankle with good grip soles – no leather soles)
- Full finger gloves
- Long sleeve shirt or jacket
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process, and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. The course requires participants to attend a 100% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirement, for example a field exercise that cannot be missed.
Participants in a TCOLE credit course must complete the class in its entirety to receive TCOLE credit.
- Advanced Police Motorcycle Operator or course equivalent
- Overview of operator course materials
- Motorcycle instructor certification and re-certification requirements
- Operator course administration
- Adult learning principles
- Field setup and cone placement
- Analyzing rider performance
- Providing performance feedback
- Peer-to-peer content delivery
- Incident response and reporting
- Law enforcement officers assigned to teach basic police motorcycle operations
- Certificate of successful completion valid five years from date of completion.
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433