NFA055 – 14.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Emergency Services Training Institute at (866) 878-8900 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
The Strategy and Tactics for Initial Company Operations (STICO) curriculum is designed to meet the needs of Company Officers responsible for managing operations. STICO develops the management skills required by Company Officers to accomplish assigned tactics at structure fires.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
Participants Must Provide
- a photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
To meet NFA attendance requirements, participants must complete each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam. Exceptions may be discussed with lead instructor.
Upon successful completion, you will be able to:
- Analytical size-up process
- Fire confinement, exposure protection, and fire extinguishment
- Resue, ventilation, and support
- Water supply, fixed fire protection, and salvage
This course is available to all emergency and crisis response personnel.
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
Note: Live Online Instructor-Led (webinar) courses are not eligible for TCOLE credit.
- State Firefighters’ and Fire Marshals’ Association of Texas (SFFMA)
- Texas Commission on Fire Protection (TCFP)
- Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
To request this class in your jurisdiction or department, please use the Emergency Services Training Institute (ESTI) Extension Course Request Form.
To request admission to an already-scheduled course, Please contact your Regional Manager. This will allow the course host to provide appropriate numbers of participant manuals.
All extension courses are classroom only.