NFA064 – 18.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Emergency Services Training Institute at (866) 878-8900 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
This course is intended to serve as a vehicle to share proven incident management strategies and practices, as well as to enhance teamwork and coordination among the agency’s mid-level managers and command staff directly responsible for emergency response to all-hazards incidents in which the Incident Command System (ICS) is employed.
The course utilizes scenarios and application exercises to highlight key issues and facilitate discussion. The concluding tabletop exercise is intended to allow you to apply the information provided during the course in a controlled environment.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
To meet NFA attendance requirements, participants must complete each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam. Exceptions may be discussed with lead instructor.
- ICS-100 Introduction to Incident Command System, ICS-100
- ICS-200 ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents
- ICS-700 National Incident Management System (NIMS) An Introduction
- ICS-800 National Response Framework, An Introduction
- ICS fundamentals review
- Unified command
- Incident/event assessment
- Agency guidance in establishing incident objectives
- Planning process
- Incident resource management
- Demobilization, transfer of command, and closeout
This course is available to all emergency and crisis response personnel.
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- Texas Commission on Fire Protection (TCFP)
- State Firefighters’ and Fire Marshals’ Association of Texas (SFFMA)
To request this class in your jurisdiction or department, please use the Emergency Services Training Institute (ESTI) Extension Course Request Form.
To request admission to an already-scheduled course, call the contact person listed in this course schedule. This will allow the course host to provide appropriate numbers of student manuals.
All extension courses are classroom only.